The students, faculty, staff, parents and community will be celebrating Catholic Schools Week with a variety of different programs.
Below you will find our daily activities. Feel free to join us at any time!
Sunday, January 29th – Celebrating Your Parish
- Join us for Sunday Mass at 10:00 at Notre Dame de Chicago Church. 1336 W. Flournoy St. The choir will be singing selections during the mass.
- After Mass, join us at Children of Peace for Open House from 11:30-1:00. There will be refreshments, time to visit classrooms and raffles for those who attend. If you bring a friend, you will be entered into a special drawing.
Monday, January 30th- Celebrating Your Community
- Wear Red Day – Students pay $1 to participate, all proceeds raised will go to the American Heart Association.
- Pennies for hearts- Students will collect spare change all week. The class with the most collected will win a prize.
- Community Service Project for IMD Guesthouse.
- Teachers vs. Students Volleyball Game @ 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, January 31st– Celebrating Faculty and Staff
- Students write thank you cards to faculty and staff.
- Students answer a survey about what they know about their teacher. Assembly 2:00.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon sponsored by Parent Association.
Wednesday, February 1st- Celebrating Families
- Coffee and Cookies for parents before prayer service. 8:30 family prayer service.
- Students create a thank you card for parents.
- Teachers appreciate parents at end of school day.
- Are you smarter than your teacher 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 2nd – Celebrating Students
- Field Trip – Disney on Ice.
- Ice Cream Social.
- No homework day!
Friday, February 3rd – Celebrating Vocations
- Career Day – Students dress in their future career with a written (gr. 3-8) or drawn (gr. pk-2) essay entitled: What I will be when I grow up and Why.
- Parents speak about individual careers in classrooms arranged by teacher.
Join us in Building B for the 2017 Sacramental Preparation Meeting for parents at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, January 23, 2017.
Any student in grade 2 or higher is invited to receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist for the first time. Students who are in grade 8 may become fully initiated members of the Catholic Church by receiving the sacrament of Confirmation. Students who are interested in becoming Catholic may join us to prepare to receive the sacrament of Baptism.
Happy New Year from Children of Peace School.
Just a reminder that entrance tickets for our Hawthorne Fundraiser in March will be available soon! Please be sure to continue selling your raffle tickets for the event. Tickets are sold in books of 6 for $5.00. Each family went home before the holidays with 4 books to sell. Be sure to return the funds and the ticket stubs to the main office. If you need more tickets, see Diane Russell our Hawthorne Chairperson. We are also in need of gift cards to use as prizes for the event. If you are able to donate one or two, that would be great! Look for more details about the event soon!