Children of Peace School is located in the heart of the Illinois Medical District. Our present location on 1900 West Taylor Street is the result of a consolidation of three Catholic Schools: Holy Trinity, St. Callistus and Holy Family in 1994. The children named the “newly” formed school and its mission remains the same today ‐ to bring to the community it serves a strong and loving peace. Jesus left us with His mission “My peace I leave with you.”
Children of Peace School is a caring community of children, parents, and professional staff brought together by their faith in God. Our educational program meets the academic and social needs of a diverse student population which includes educating the deaf and hard-of-hearing in a nurturing and safe environment.
Statement of Beliefs
WE BELIEVE that parents are the child’s primary educators. We will work together to assure the child’s individual educational success.
WE BELIEVE, as staff members of Children of Peace, we will:
- Be a witness to and teach the good news of the Gospel.
- Guide the students in learning and exhibiting Christian values.
- Work together to promote human dignity, combat racism, and challenge injustices.
- Provide a complete curriculum that reflects a culture of continuous, effective, and meaningful learning appropriate to the needs of all.
WE BELIEVE that Children of Peace students will:
- Serve and care for each other.
- Value and appreciate each other’s differences.
- Learn to become independent thinkers and life-long learners.
- Become friends of nature.
- Seek peaceful resolutions to problems.